The main objective of this Resort Management System is to develop and implement a Reservation and Billing System for Resort to help the management in making reservations, billing and other transactions needed to be made. The main operations of the system are check-in, check-out and reservation which are separated into different modules for functionality. The system can be used only if a registered user logins to the system, only the admin can register a user for the system.
The proposed system has a user-friendly environment and has all the transactions of the business under study like the reservation, billing, monitoring and maintenance. The system will make the employee’s job easier and faster with error-free transactions for the good of the business. The proponents made use the descriptive research design which involves the question and answer, observation of business transactions in order to know where to start the study. In the personal interview with the manager, the proponents identified the main problem. He said that their business uses a manual process. The proponents will develop a computerized system containing the entirely of the business transaction.
- Create a module that accepts and cancels reservations.
The system is capable of storing information for reservations on specified dates and times in which the user can also cancel depending on the customer’s availability.
- Create a module that identifies room availability.
The system shows the occupied and unoccupied rooms. With this the management does not have to physically check every room or the papers.
- Create a module that will automatically calculate bills.
Upon the customers’ checkout the system automatically calculates the bills depending on the length of the customers’ stay. The system user can also add bill for food and extra persons and damages.
- Create a module that will generate reports.
The proposed system automatically generates reports on all services rendered to customers for a specific time.
- Create a module that will check-in guest.
The proposed system is capable of checking in reserved and newly arrived guest.
- Create a module that will check-out guest.
The system can check-out check-in guest that calculate their bills depending on the length of their stay.
- Create a module for extra charges.
The system is also capable of accepting extra charges like extra hours, food bills and damages upon check-out.
- The system accepts and cancels reservations for rooms, cottages, and pool.
- The system monitors room availability.
- The system automatically calculates the customer’s total bills.
- The system generates reports for services rendered to customer for a specified length of time.
- The system calculates the refund for cancelled reservations.
- The system does not accept reservation without down payment.
- Login- the staff will have to enter his/her username with its corresponding password. There are 2 types of user, the administrator and user. The user has certain restrictions to certain functionalities of the system.
- Reservation- this module contains adding a new reservation
- Check-in- in this the user can check-in new guests or guests that have reserved.
- Maintenance- in this module the user can add, edit and delete information like rates from rooms, cottages, and pools.
- Reports- in this module the user will input a range of “from” and “to” date then the system will generate a income report.
The proponents used the following software in developing the proposed system:
- MS Visual Basic 6.0
- MS SQL Server 2000
Download Source code:🔥1.5 K Views