The Airline Reservation System project basically includes issuing tickets to passengers who want to fly to a particular destination in a particular day and time. The various activities that the Airline Reservation encounter are checking the plane that flies to a particular place from a starting point, checking the availability of seats in that particular flight and to issue the tickets if the seats are available. This project features general enquiry about Flight Information, Passenger Information, Payment details, Booking/Reservation, Cancellation of existing Flight Reservation, Ticket refund while cancellation. This project shows record handling of flights like air India, Kingfisher airlines, Jet airways etc, and destinations like New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and many more.
Languages to be used:
- Front End: Visual Basic.net
- Back End: SQL(Structured Query Language)
Airline Reservation System Project Modules:
The project Airline reservation system is used for maintaining the Airlines information’s, Flight information, Passenger information, Booking/Reservations, Cancellation.
- Airline information: This module includes the information of different Airline services.
- Flight Information: The function allows the user to search for flights that are available between the two travel cities, namely the “Departure city” and “Arrival city”. When the user chooses the information about the flight, flight details are shown as: Flight Number, Flight Fare and the total number of available seats in the flight.
- Passenger Info: This module consists of the details of passengers booking for a flight. The personal details it consists are like Name, Age, Sex, Address, Email id and Contact Phone number as well as uploading the identity and passport information.
- Booking/Reservation: This module consists of the entries made at the reception by the operator for the advanced ticket booking of a passenger. It contains Passenger No., Class, Fare, Ticket, Date of Journey, and Date of Booking; seat no, Discount, and Total Fare.
- Cancellation of existing Flight Reservation: The system also allows the user to cancel an existing reservation. This function registers the information regarding a passenger who has requested for a cancellation of his/her ticket. It includes entries pertaining to the Flight No., Ticket No, Name, Source, Destination, Date of Journey, Fare deducted.
- Reports: Booking reports and cancellation reports are generated