The objective of the Simple Payroll System is to provide a system which manages the which manages the Payroll activity i.e. the salary paid for each employee in a company depending upon their attendance and its calculation which is very huge. The users will consume less amount of time when compared to manual paper work through the automated system. The system will take care of all the payroll activities like managing each employee’s attendance, the number of leaves taken by that particular employee and calculation in a very quick manner and it avoids data storing is easier. Paper work will be reduced and the company staffs spend more time on monitoring the progress. The system is user friendly and easy to use. All the important data’s will be stored in the database and it avoids any miscalculation.
The Simple Payroll System is based on the salary activity for each company staff depending on their attendance. The first activity is based on saving the employees details where each employee will be given a unique Employee ID. The Admin only has the authority to enter the number of leaves available for leave type and for each employee. Whenever an employee wishes to take a leave, he is supposed to enter his employee Id. As soon as this is done, he has to select the leave type like casual leave, providential leave etc. Depending on the leave type the number of leaves available will be shown. The employee is supposed to enter the no of leaves he needed and it will be saved in the database. In the meanwhile, the no of leaves available will be deducted depending on the no of days he wished to take a leave. Now based on the no of days an employee attended, salary will be calculated and a separate salary slip will be provided for reference.
Admin has the authority to add employee details. And he also has the right to edit or delete employee information to/from the list. Admin provides a unique username and password for each employee through which he can login and apply for leave. All the information’s are being saved in the database.
Scope of Simple Payroll System:
This project is helpful in calculating the salary for each employee and it also focuses on each employee’s attendance and the no of leaves taken per month/year. There is also a possibility of checking salary report at any time so that it doesn’t lead to any miscalculation.
Modules of the project:
- Employee: When a new employee joins the company, his record is saved in the database.
- Leave entry: Here Admin enters the number of leaves available per month/year for each employee.
- Salary Calculation: Here salary is calculated for each employee based on their attendance. As soon as the salary is paid to an employee, a salary slip will be generated.
- Salary Report: Here the user can look through the salary given to an employee for a particular month and year.
- Registration: As soon as the employee joins the company, the admin provides unique username and password to him.
- Display: A user can view information regarding employees working in that company, products, dealers and a demand sheet to be submitted to the manufacturers.
- Leave Apply: Here an employee can apply for leave.
- Logout: This module allows the user to Logout the application. Further operations cannot be performed after user exits
- Language: vb.net
- Database: Microsoft SQL server 2008
Simple Payroll System software developed for a company has been designed to achieve maximum efficiency and reduce the time taken to handle the Payroll activity. It is designed to replace an existing manual record system thereby reducing time taken for calculations and for storing data. The system uses Asp .Net as front end and Microsoft SQL as a backend for the database. The system is strong enough to withstand regressive daily operations under conditions where the database is maintained and cleared over a certain time of span. The implementation of the system in the organization will considerably reduce data entry, time and also provide readily calculated reports.
Download Source code: