The main objective of the Easy Leave project is to develop a Web based Leave Management Tool. This project is very useful for an organization or a college. The user can access this project throughout the college, organization or a specified group/Department. By using this project, we can automate the workflow of leave applications and their approvals. The automatic approval of leave, notifications, report generation and cancellation of leave are other main features of this project. Easy leave project is an Intranet based application and it automates the periodic crediting of leave.
This project contains many registered users. The approvers are the registered users of this project. An approver can be a requestor. In a college, the hierarchy could be Principal, Dean, Head of the Department, Lecturer or Professor. In an organization, it could be Engineers/Managers/Business Managers/Managing Director etc.
The main functionalities of the Easy leave project are given below:
- The user can login to the system through the first page of the application
- Also he can view his/her current leave applications and the leave applications that are submitted to him/her for approval or cancellation.
- He can view his/her eligibility details (like how many days of leave he/she is eligible for etc)
- After logging to the system, he can change the password.
- By using this system, he can apply for leave, can specify the from and to dates, reason for taking leave, address for communication while on leave and his/her superior’s email id
- He can view his/her leave history since the time he/she joined the company/college
- The Principal or lecturer can approve/reject the leave applications that are submitted to him/her
- The student can query the leave balance
- He can withdraw his/her leave application (which has not been approved yet)
- In this system, he can cancel his/her leave (which has been already approved). This will need to be approved by his/her Superior.
- He can get help about the leave system on how to use the different features of the system
- The number of days of leave (as per the assumed leave policy) should be automatically credited to everybody and a notification regarding the same be sent to them automatically.
- As soon as a leave application /cancellation of leave request /withdrawal /approval /rejection /password-change is made by the person, an automatic email should be sent to the student and his superior giving details about the action
- This system contains an automatic leave-approval facility for the old leave applications. The notifications about the automatic leave approval should be sent to the person as well as his superior.
Operating System: Windows 2000/ XP/ or Higher with MS-office
Front End: Ms-Visual Studio .Net 2008
Back End: MS-SQL Server 2000/2005
Browser: MS-Internet Explorer
Processor: Intel Pentium III or higher
RAM: 512 MB RAM
Hard Disk: 40 GB hard-disk or more
Mouse: Optical mouse
Keyboard: 104 keys🔥24 Views