A Railway Reservation System is one which helps us to reserve or cancel seats in train when we want to travel from one place to another place.Since, it is very difficult to maintain a record of this information manually,we have created Railway Reservation System.This helps us to maintain data easily.We have designed it with the help of E-R diagram, DFD’s and many tables and forms. It consists of several steps to be followed and many forms to be maintained.
Nowadays we see that there are railways that are present for the long as well as short distance travelling which makes the life of the people easier. Rail transport is one of the important modes of transport in India. Nowadays the passenger can book the railway tickets online easily than waiting in long queues to obtain the ticket. The passenger ticket booking system should include the name of the train, source, destination, time, date of arrival or departure etc. When compared to other means of transport, a railway is the cheapest means of transport. The maintenance of the railway database also plays a major role in the smooth running of this system. The railway reservation system project will help in reserving the tickets of the railways to travel from a particular source to the destination.
Nowadays the passenger can book the railway tickets online easily than waiting in long queues to obtain the ticket. This system should include the name of the train, source, destination, time, date of arrival or departure etc.
A railway system needs to model the following:
- Seats availability: The users through the use of this system can check whether the seats are available in the particular train to travel.
- Train tickets: The users can access their train tickets through the online mode through the use of this application.
- Stations: This application can also contain the details of the various stations from the source to the destination of the passenger.
- Trains: The trains will be having the name and the id number.
- Train schedules: Even the schedules of different trains can be mentioned through this application.
- Time in and time out: For each train at every station there is a time in or time out time. It indicates that passengers should get in and get out of the train only within that particular duration of time.
For this we have to maintain many records given below
- Train no.
- Train route
- Departure time
- Arrival time
- Train type(i.e coach no)
When we want to travel we reserve seat,for this we have to fill the reservation form which includes entries such as train no. , name,departure time,arrival time,route, train type.So we should gather all the information regarding all these.
Designing of this project is done with the help of 0-level & 1-level DFD and ER diagram.Database designing is done using many forms. The forms are designed in JAVA as front end and MS-EXCESS as back end tool.
Download Source code:
🔥1.7 K Views