Library is a place that caters to the needs of book lovers. Managing a library is no easy task due to advent of digital and web libraries it has become indispensable to use computers in management of a library. This Online Library Management System aims to automate the functions performed by the librarian. Operations such as cataloging the books, Managing Member Information, Searching books, Issuing books, collecting fines etc are included in this system. Our system aims to provide powerful functionalities to the user by making use of simple easy-to-easy interface.
- Library Management System is website used to provide information regarding the books in a library to the user.
- It can be accessed by unlimited number of users.
- Each user will be assigned a different set of permissions for each module of the library including basic searching, permissions, advance booking etc.
- The user can take of use his required books up to the time limit extended to him.
- At the cross of his time limit he may face the fine.
- Fine session is under the control of administration.
- The administrator has to generate daily/weekly/Monthly reports, which include the details of books, issued, returned, collection of fine etc.
- Operating System : Windows XP/2003 or Linux/Solaris
- User Interface : HTML, CSS
- Programming Language : Java
- Web Applications : JDBC, JNDI, Servlets, JSP
- IDE/Workbench : Eclipse with MyEclipse Plug-in
- Database : Oracle/Access
- Server Deployment : RetHat JBoss AS
Modules of Online Library Management System
- Admin users – Has full access to all the modules of this system. Responsible for creating, modifying and deleting a member and book, admin can view the catalog and also will generate the reports
- Reports: All frequently used reports at the click of a button. All reports can be previewed, printed, exported to Excel/Word etc., or can be faxed or emailed
- Normal users – Has restricted access. i.e., Normal users have access to some of the modules only i.e. user can view the catalog, and can issue the book, search for a book, renew a book, return a book and can send mails to the admin regarding any issue related to the books.
- Members: Members have maximum rights but they are also restricted to some extent by the admin. They can view catalog and search for any book in the list, send mails to the admin and can reserve a book in advance.