The main objective of this project is to develop a Chat application using the client server architecture. This architecture depends on socket programming provided by Java. This project is user-friendly and works very efficiently.
This chat application has many clients all over the world. By using this application, the client can establish their connection to a centralized server. Later, he can share his ideas with other clients at any time. Also, this application provides the private chat facility to its clients.
The main features of this application are given below:
- This application provides concept of enable user and disable user.
- It provides private chat facility.
- By using this application, the client can communicate with other clients.
- Concept of transferring the text
- The admin user can view, edit and delete the user record.
- By using AWT/SWING, we designed User Interface (UI) of this application.
Scope / Functional Requirements:
The complete system can be divided in following modules:
1. Administration Module: This module is used to register new user records, view, edit and delete user record, enable user and disable User.
2. Server Module: It is used to enter server name (pc name) where server is running.
3. User Management Module: This module has two sub modules and they are given below.
- User Registration Module
- User Validation Module
4. Private Chat Module: This module is used for private chatting and to display user’s inbox and outbox.
5. Broadcasting Chat Module: This module is used for chatting like broadcasting and to display user’s inbox and outbox and list of users.
6. Change Password Module: this module is used to change the user’s password.
The two main users of this application are given below:
- Administrator: is the main user of this application. He can register new users to this application and enable/disable the user. The disabled users are unable to login to this application. He can view the list of registered users and user record, can edit and delete user record. By using this application, he can search the records of users. He can send message to all registered users and can make private chatting with a particular user.
- Chat User: The unregistered user can register to this chat application. After successful registration, he can login to this application. By entering valid user name and password, he can access this application. He can send message to all registered users and can change his password.