As the name suggests, the e-voting system is an application that needs to be implemented for casting of votes by the people from anywhere in the world and at anytime. All of you have experienced the current voting system that is in practice. People go to the polling places, stand in long queues and caste their valuable votes. This is a hectic and a tiring task. Some people who stay abroad will not be able to cast their votes since only for the sake of casting votes they need to come to their hometown. The e- voting system will benefit such people who will not be able to cast their votes.
The features that can be included in the e-voting system are as follows:
- People database management: The details of the people like name, age, poll booth and many other details can be stored in the database through this application.
- Online vote: The people can cast their votes through the online mode.
We see many old people who will not be able to walk come to the polling places to cast their votes. People living abroad will be having a desire to cast their votes but it will not be possible for them to do so. At all these situations, the e-voting system comes into picture where no one will be having a reason to waste their valuable votes. This application will help the government to work better but also provides a chance for the people to enjoy a modern way of voting system. This application can be also applicable to the voting that take place in schools and colleges where the students can cast their votes through this application. This e-voting system can also be implemented in the organizations where the employees will be able to cast their votes regarding the new policy or rule that should be followed by everyone.
You must modify following database connection string:
<connectionStrings> <add name="EvotingdbConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Evotingdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> </connectionStrings>
- Front End : ASP.NET
- Back End : SQL Server
The program works in Visual studio 2008 and it supports Microsoft SQL server 2008.
Following conditions used to develop this project:
- For the voter to have his voting right its necessary for the voter to register and obtain the voter ID number.
- Registration process done by the administrators. New voters record can be added in the system and unwanted voters record can be deleted from the system.
- Only registered voters can vote in the vote bank. The system generated secret key must use during election process.
- Users must enter login details to vote. If the login details invalid then the system will not display the voting panel. The secret key which is to be entered during voting process. If the correct details are produced by the voter then the voting can be done by clicking candidates symbol.
- Once the election time is up, no one can vote. Only results can be viewed. The system displays alert message if voter vote after expiry date and time.
- The voters can vote only once. The system displays warning alert message if the voters try to vote more than once.
- The system uploads and stores candidate image in the Candidate Image folder
- The App_Data has database files.
Note: If you have any doubts kindly post your queries in the comment box.🔥215 Views